September 28th, 2020 5:40 PM by Bob Arabian
Rob La Monica has been working in mobile homes and parks since he was a teenager, starting in his dad’s mobile home parks. “My dad saw that there was a need for financing for mobile home borrowers, and there weren’t really any banks doing it,” Rob says. “So he started doing some lending to help people buy affordable housing.” After graduating college with a degree in business and a specialty in financing, Rob got his mortgage license and soon started his own company, Manufactured Home Mortgage. Serving California for the past 20 years, Rob and his team look to help individuals fulfill their dreams of home ownership.Rob is the only Mortgage Broker in California that has worked directly as a Regional Manager for the largest Mobile Home Lender in the United States. Rob says, "Working over 8 years for this lender helped me to to build long term relationships within this bank and understand the loan products, underwriting and loan process more thoroughly than any of his competitors".
Rob and his team at MHM specialize in serving a diverse population with an average loan amount is around $100,000. “My mom and dad are immigrants who came over with nothing, and now we live the American dream,” Rob says, “so I love being able to help people get into a home they can afford. We not only guide them through the process step by step, but also teach them about the financing process and homeownership along the way.”
The majority of Rob’s business comes from repeat and referral clients, and it’s easy to see why Realtors® and past clients keep referring people to work with him. “We offer great customer service, and if there ever is an issue, we are on top of it,” Rob says. “We’re quick with closing, and we try to make our process as streamlined and as easy as possible not just for the borrower, but for the Realtor® and the escrow company as well.”
Last year, Rob and his team did close to $100 million in loan volume, an incredible achievement considering their average loan amount. MHM is not just the largest company of its kind in California, but in the whole United States.
Rob and his team maintain strong connections with the real estate and mobile home industries. “About 80% of our business comes from Realtors® listing mobile homes and parks, and the other 20% comes from a mobile home dealer; we do the financing for mobile homes off their lot,” he explains. He and his company are active in organizations including CMHI (California Manufactured Housing Institute), MHI (Manufactured Housing Institute), and WMA (Western Manufactured Association).
When he is not working, Rob loves spending time with his family, especially his kids and his chocolate labrador "Dodger". He lives in the Lake Tahoe region, and enjoys water and snow sports.In the future, Rob plans to continue offering top-level service and helping first-time homebuyers achieve financial independence through mobile home ownership. “When you work with people who don’t have a lot of resources and you are able to help them out of a rental and into a mobile home, they’re really appreciative,” Rob says. “I worked in single-family for a while, but it wasn’t for me. I love the product, and I love the people. This is what I love doing.”
I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me. Philippians 4:13